Momentum Coffee takes momentum to reflect on what Memorial Day is about. We know that the Momentum Coffee Community members may have people in their lives who have served. Memorial Day is a day to remember those who have died serving our country. It is a day to reflect on the sacrifices made by the men and women in uniform who have given their lives for our freedom. It is also a day to celebrate the lives of those who have served and are no longer with us. Memorial Day is a time to come together as a nation and remember the people who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
Sites like uso.org share ways that you can honor and remember those that have served. Below are just 10 Ways to Honor the Fallen on Memorial Day. There are many ways to honor the fallen on Memorial Day. Here are 10 socially distant ways to do so:
1. Fly the American flag at half-staff from sunrise to noon.
2. Place a flag or flower at veterans’ gravesites.
3. Observe a moment of silence at 3 p.m. local time.
4. Listen to Taps being played.
5. Visit a military cemetery or monument.
6. Attend a Memorial Day parade (socially distanced, of course!).
7. Have a picnic in your backyard or at a park.
8. Wear red, white, and blue in honor of the holiday.
9. Put up patriotic décor around your home.
10. Teach your children about the meaning of Memorial Day and why we celebrate it.
Looking for an event in the Chicago Memorial Day Weekend 2022 check out Saturday, May 28, 2022 Wreath Laying Ceremony, Daley Plaza, 50 W. Washington St. at 11am Parade, State Street from Lake St. to Van Buren St. at Noon
Other things to do with you and your family during the Memorial Day weekend can be found at
https://www.choosechicago.com/articles/holidays/memorial-day-in-chicago/ where you can find such suggestion in addition to stopping into a Momentum Coffee to enjoy some #coffeetime and #siplocal.
Momentum Coffee South Loop will have abbreviated hours for 7am-12pm in observance of the day.
Momentum Coffee Millennium Park will be open from 10am-3pm.